How was Blue Monday for you? I found it pretty exciting as there were plenty of extra competitions around, all restricted to entering on Monday only! This led me to think that as a comper it would be a pretty good idea to have a comping calendar; one where we can make a note of days that have a theme. Just like #bluemonday – promoters often run competitions that incorporate a theme into it, so I thought I’d kick start this for you and give you a little heads up to some ‘days’ that are coming up!
- 18th January – National Winnie the Pooh day.
- 19th January – National Popcorn Day! Not too sure if this will attract many comps but there might be a few foodie ones out there for us!
- 20th January – National Cheese Lover’s Day. Check out the cheese companies on social media for themed giveaways.
- 21st January – International sweat pants day….hmmm…again not sure if this will attract much but could definitely be worth searching for the hashtag across social media and see if it brings anything up!
- 21st January – Also on this day you have National Hug Day.
- 23rd January – National Pie Day. Could be a few meat pies given away on this day!
- 25th January – Burns Night. Keep an eye out for Scottish themed comps.
- 26th January – Australia Day. Could be worth searching for comps themed to this.
- 28th January – Chinese New Year. This could be a pretty big one and you never know you might even see comps for trips to China!
- 28th January – 3rd February – This is National Story Telling Week so there should be lots of literary comps doing the rounds!
As a tip I would suggest keeping an eye on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter as the themed comps are mainly run there. Stick a hashtag before the named day in the search bar – and away you go!
Keep an eye on the blog towards the end of January and I’ll find some themes for February! There is a pretty big one for the 14th as we all know – nudge, nudge, wink, wink!