The children broke up from school yesterday and for my son it’s the end of an era as he begins life at a new school at the end of August when his secondary education begins! I thought he might be a bit sad but in fact he was buzzing…guess that means he is growing up! So, now is the time I set about getting the kids involved in my hobby – although they don’t need any encouragement from me as they both love the buzz of a win!
Top tips for comping with kids
When comping with the little darlings I try and get out and about as much as I can, purely because promoters always offer lots of comps for the summer holidays. And local competitions can be a great source of that. So, here are my top tips to get winning with the youngsters;
- Visit local places of interest and take photos – often comps will ask you for pictures of sites you’ve been visiting and the kids make perfect models as most are willing participants – so keep a store of these on your phone ready for the next comping opportunity
- Keep an eye on local shops, cinemas, garden centres, parks etc (social media can be good for this) as a lot will run ‘local’ competitions for the kids during the summer break
- Listen out for local radio and read the local rag as these guys will do the same
- Let the kids buy a magazine once a week as these always have competitions – which will keep them busy for a while; and try and get them to stick to the ones where you actually have to fill in an entry form and not online as fewer compers will enter these (due to the effort of posting and the cost of a stamp)
- Join Simply Prizes to get the best selection of competitions around, don’t forget your first two weeks are free, click here and try it out today
This week’s competitions
And now, onto this week’s comps; especially for the younger ones in your life!
Win a Nintendo Switch, a £50 superhero book bundle and a £250 worth of books for your school. This one requires the kids to draw a picture or write a story about their new superhero character, complete with their name, secret identity (if they have one!) and superpower. All the info can be found here but be quick as this one closes on 31st July.
Win flights for all the family by getting a child (age 6-12) to use their imagination and complete this sentence (using no more than 400 words); I looked out of the plane window and saw… full details on how to enter can be found here and entries close on 31st August.
Win a family holiday to Borneo and Nikon cameras. Kids (aged 6-14) need to enter a photograph in one of the following categories (although they can enter them all but only one per category); animals, scenery, people. Entries must be submitted by 28th August and full details can be found here.
That’s it for this Thursday, have a great week and enjoy the start of the summer holidays!